Sunday, January 16, 2011

An Explanation

I have been challenged to post a game idea a week for a year. This sounds easy enough, and so I will take up this challenge and try my hardest to get you all some really strange game ideas. I have a varied history of game playing and creating. That is, I have created and played Table Top games, card games and video games.

A bit of background: I am a Game Designer living in Chicago going to school for...Game Design. I recently worked on the Student Project "Octodad" that has just placed in the IGF Student Competition. I often come up with strange and bizarre games. I was challenged by a professor at my University who heard me pitching games to write them all down and eventually the conversation led to this blog. This professor was Patrick Curry, also a Chicago Game Designer who pursued the same task of creating a year's worth of games.

I intend to follow his template of game pitches, the one sheet approach, and pitch to you a game a week. More if I feel the moxy to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I'm Patrick curry blog fan and reader and i came here from his blog. loved this blog already and i'm following you I guess i'm the only follower right now. I'm your big fan
    greetings from north carolina

    Adel

    ReplyDelete